The USB 3.0 to eSATAp Adapter is the easiest solution for connecting any eSATA storage device to the latest USB 3.0 (Superspeed) or the ubiquitous USB 2.0 port. You can also connect standard SATA devices to the USB 3.0 or 2.0 port by using an Addonics SATA to eSATA converter cable, making this adapter a very handy accessory for both Notebook, Desktop, server or any computer system.
The USB 3.0 to eSATAp Adapter is also compatible with Port Multiplier and eSATA optical storage. As a result, any eSATA RAID storage, including Addonics RAID Tower or RAID Rack with eSATA connection, can be instantly turned into a USB 3.0 external RAID storage system. For Port Multipliers that supports individual drive configuration, the USB 3.0 - eSATAp adapter can add multiple individual eSATA devices to your system, similar to connecting multiplier devices via a USB hub.
The eSATA port on this adapter is an eSATA USB Hybrid port (EUHP), a new port commonly found on new generations of Notebook computers. This new port works with both standard eSATA and Addonics Universal Hybrid eSATA cable (EUHP tutorial page.
The diagram below illustrates how the Addonics universal eSATAp cable connects the Addonics Ruby eSATA drive to the USB port on a Notebook and offers true portability for low power eSATA storage via this USB 3.0 - eSATAp adapter. The universal eSATAp cable also comes with a set of interchangeable power tips to support most low power 5V eSATA storage devices.
Diagram below illustrates connecting eSATA storage device using standard eSATA cable to USB port via the USB 3.0 - eSATAp adapter. In this case, the storage device requires separate power adapter or USB power cable for the eSATA storage device
USB 3.0 to eSATA Adapter
I think the Addonics USB 3.0 to eSATA adapter is one of the best investments you can make this year.
USB 3.0 to eSATA Adapter
We've been waiting for this device for awhile now, glad to see Addonics finally made this great idea a reality with the eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter.
- Connect any eSATA storage to any USB port
- Support USB 3.0 / USB 2.0 / USB 1.1
- Maximum transfer rate:
- 5 Gbps - USB 3.0 super speed
- 480 Mbps - USB 2.0 high speed
- 12 Mbps - USB 1.1
- Compatible with external hard drive, SSD, optical drive with eSATA interface
- Great for connecting Addonics RAID Tower, RAID Rack or eSATA RAID storage to USB 3.0 or 2.0 port.
- Compatible with SATA Port Multiplier (PM)
- Support connecting multiple SATA hard drives as individual drives to any system when used with port multiplier or HPM-XU, For individual drive application, device connected to the Port Multiplier must be all hard drives. Port Multipliers based on the Sil3726 or 4726 will have an additional non-functional drive volume visible in disk management.
- Power directly from USB port. No power adapter is required
- Hybrid eSATA USB port on adapter to support connecting eSATA storage with following cabling options and benefits:
- Using Micro SATA reader / writer or most common 2.5" eSATA drives are low power eSATA devices.
- Using standard eSATA cable - connect any eSATA storage devices to USB 3.0 or 2.0 with data only. Separate power source required to power the eSATA device.
- Using generic Hybrid eSATA USB cable - provide both power and data to eSATA storage device that is equipped with Hybrid eSATA USB port such as the Addonics eSATAp CFast memory adapter.
- LED indicator for USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 / 1.1, power and drive access
- Supported OS - All Windows OS except for Windows 98SE or older, Mac OS X or later and Linux kernel 2.4 or later
* Addonics Universal eSATAp cable comes with a set of power tips that fit a wide range of power plug sizes commonly found on many eSATA device. Please check the size of the power tip to determine if it fits your device.
USB 3.0 port supports minimum 900 mA which is adequate for most 5V storage devices. USB 2.0 port supports minimum 500mA and thus in some situation may not be able to power certain 5V storage device.
The USB3.0 to eSATAp adapter is compatible to hardware port multipliers where the hard drives are configured as a single raid volume.
The current firmware of the USB3.0 to eSATAp adapter also supports individual hard drive mode when connected to a JMicron JMB393 port multiplier. In this mode, the system sees a single USB device with multiple drive letters. Removing any of the storage units (or drive letters) associated with the single USB device forces the USB to detach and reenumerate with the reduced number of drives. If you remove or disconnect one of the drives connected on the JMicron JMB393 port multiplier, this will stop activity on all the drives when the USB connection reenumerates. This means that if you are in the process of transferring data onto any drive, the transfer activity will stop.
Features comparison between the Addonics USB 3.0 - eSATA adapter and other similar adapters in the market
||Other adapters in the market
||USB 3.0 / 2.0
||USB 3.0 / 2.0
- support any eSATA storage
- Addonics universal eSATAp cable can be used to provide both power and data connections to operate low power 5V eSATA storage device
- for data connection only, no power support for the eSATA storage.
|Port Multiplier (PM) support
Yes - the PM connecting to the adapter acts like a hub. All devices connected to the PM can be set to appear as individual drive to the computer
|No - only one drive attached to the PM can be detected by the computer